Home Health is care provided in a home or residence during a time of acute onset or worsening of a condition that requires a nurse or therapist (physical, occupational, or speech).
Our services summarized:
- Provides skilled professional care in the privacy of a patient’s home.
- Offers a team approach under the direction of the patient’s personal physician with a registered nurse coordinating needed services.
- Home Health Services include: Skilled Nursing, Home Health Aide, Medical Social Services, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.
- Provides medically managed care which includes the patient and family in the plan of care.
- Offers teaching related to specific disease process thus increasing patient and family knowledge.
- Performs and teaches skilled Nursing Services (ostomy care, catheter changes, administration of injections, I.V. infusion, dressing changes, including use of wound vac)
- Relieves anxiety by providing information to the patient and family about what to expect during the course of illness.
- Provides 24 hour a day - 7 days per week nurse on call.
- Referrals for other services in the county that the patient may need.
- Referrals can be made by physician, hospital, nursing home, family, friend or self.
- Provides a discharge plan with specific goals so that the patient can return to full independence when possible.
How Does A Patient Qualify?
- Consent of a physician
- Need of skilled care by a Registered Nurse or Therapist
- Resident in the geographical area of Pike County and Northern Lincoln County-Missouri
- Homebound (not driving and absences from home are infrequent, of short duration, and a taxing effort)
- Eligible Payor Source (Medicare, Medicaid or Private Insurance)
For more information on Home Health services, please contact the agency at (573) 324-2111.