Circle of Hope Bracelets
- We carry a full inventory of Circle of Hope bracelets at all times.
- You may come by our office to view and purchase bracelets Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Gift Certificates are available.
- Bracelets range from $12 to $80.
- Call or email us if you have questions
- Proceeds of the Circle of Hope Bracelets:
- 2/3 cancer research
- 1/3 to the Home Care & Hospice Foundation of Pike County
Bracelets may be viewed at the Circle of Hope’s website however, in order for our Foundation to get credit the bracelets must be purchased through our office.
The Home Care & Hospice Foundation of Pike County began selling Circle of Hope Bracelets on July 14, 2004. To date we have sold $73,248.95 in bracelets. Of that money, our foundation has received $23,319.00.
Bracelets in School Colors - $12
Purpose of the Foundation
The Home Care & Hospice Foundation was created to meet, as necessary, the gap between the agency's income and costs, staff education, and training, equipment purchases and maintenance, facility improvements and fundraising costs, with an overall objective to provide high quality Hospice and Home care to every area citizen regardless of ability to pay.
In 1999, the first Circle of Hope Bracelet (COHB) was designed by jewelry-maker Fran Lefrak-Brown of St. Louis, MO. Fran, a breast cancer survivor, made a commitment to donate all of the profits from her jewelry business to causes that fight cancer.
Fran’s message of HOPE for the bracelets is Hope, Optimism, Peace of Mind, and
Enthusiasm for Life. The bracelet certainly acts as a tangible bond for cancer patients, their families and their friends when spirits need lifting. The Circle of Hope Bracelet is much more universal: it is a life symbol and a visible connection – a sign of unity among those involved in the fight against cancer.
Sadly, Fran passed away in 2002 from metastasis from breast cancer. The COHB organization lives on, thriving and growing, and annual sales have grown substantially from the 2002 level. The Circle of Hope Bracelets organization is a living tribute to Fran, a beautiful legacy that she has given us, an expanding community committed to the cancer fight. Reflecting the interests of our volunteers, Circle of Hope Bracelets donates nationwide to dozen of charities that cover a broad spectrum of cancer types.
In 2004, the IRS designated Circle of Hope Bracelets as a not-for-profit foundation, subject to 501 (c)(3)tax status.
- All Circle of Hope bracelets are made and sold by volunteers. Hundreds of volunteers continue the work that Fran spearheadeded in 1999.
- More than 200,000 bracelets have been purchased since 1999. Bracelets are sold throughout the United States-through individuals and retailers who are committed volunteers for COHB.
- Mose bracelets sell between $12 and $80, with the majority of designs selling between $20 and $40.